Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Express scrolls uncontrollably through channels and settings

Help!  My new (Oct. 24) Roku Express just started to scroll uncontrollably through channels/settings rather than stopping at the first one when you try to scroll.  Impossible to control.  I've tried rebooting three times and changed the batteries in the remote, but to no avail.  Can anyone help me?  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: New Roku Express scrolls uncontrollably through channels and settings

Check for other remotes in the room,  under a book, in the cushions? Sounds like IR interference. Your roku commands are getting cought in a IR loop.

https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/tivo-going-nuts-when-i-use-the-remote-all-...

look at the date

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Brownk3 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend restarting your device and then taking our the batteries of your remote and reinserting them to see if that resolves your issue.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: New Roku scrolls uncontrollably through channels and settings

I am having the same issue. It just started out of no where maybe 2 hours ago. I’ve taken out the batteries and also unplugged the t.v. But as soon as I turn it back on and press ANY button on the remote, it just starts scrolling and doesn’t stop unless I hold down the reset button or the VUDU button. I just bought this t.v not even 2 months ago @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku scrolls uncontrollably through channels and settings

@Ashleystoner89 

Thanks for the post.

If this issue is happening on a Roku TV, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

However, if this issue is occurring on a Roku device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also experiencing the uncontrollable scrolling. It happens even when I'm not using the remote. It was happening on my previous device and I went and purchased a new device today and am using the new Roku and remote and the same issue is happening.

0 Kudos