Any way to roll back the forced upon me firmware? It's super buggy.
- If I pause a YouTube video it exists the YouTube app on me.
- It can take up to 10 times before YouTube will launch after selecting it.
- YouTube videos will play audio with no picture.
- Every time the main menu comes up on its own, it prompts me to install a different channel.
- I have to reboot my Roku frequently.
- Plex app will often try to load but the resolution is 4x the size, then fails. I have to reboot to fix.
None of this was an issue prior to the new firmware.
No model name/# provided.
No previous/current firmware version provided.
No YT app platform version provided.
No YT internal version provided.
No connected equipment/configuration provided (TV/AVR).
YouTube codes the YT app. (contact YT for issues with the YT app)
Plex codes the Plex app. (contact Plex for issues with the Plex app)
Otherwise, yes, its possible to roll back to the most recent previous version, within a limited timeframe after the current version is installed/made available.
Unfortunately Roku refuses to allow the dissemination of the information of the reversion process, and actively deletes posts and bans users that provide it.
However, there are some remaining/residual posts that contain it, as well as third party sites that list the "secret screens" and the steps to access each:
Try #1 on the list, followed by "update software" - if the old version is available, it'll be listed there