Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therockchild
Level 7

New Christmas Winter Theme

Roku!!! 

You totally got the Christmas spirit with this new Winter 2017 theme. The falling/animated snow is AMAZING and beautiful, I absolutely love it. It was a nice surprise today to see it when I went to watch some Holiday Baking Challenge. As I am typing this ...the the snow stopped and then started again...fantastic.

My issue is the holiday themes don't last long enough! I would love a full month of these holiday/seasonal themes. Please make it available for purchase so I can continue to use it through December and January. Smiley Happy 

Can I also request one of these animated themes with falling leaves or flickering pumpkins for next year?! Hit me with that holiday theme love. Smiley Happy 

Thank you so much for bringing this magical theme this year. 

-Adam
0 Kudos
7 Replies
shelleyp
Level 7

Re: New Christmas Winter Theme

I also wanted to note how much I like the Christmas theme. I like the fact that it varies, that it respects Roku's purple color, but still captures Christmas and winter.

It would be nice to keep these themes longer.
0 Kudos
Streams
Level 7

Normally I don't pay attention to or comment on things like this, but I completely agree.  The theme is very nice and stands out.  Whoever made it should be put in charge of making many others for throughout the year.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

Same, it's a really nice theme, actually thought about making a comment about it after i saw it but assumed no one would care, nice to see i was wrong.
0 Kudos
Tami4561
Level 7

I feel the same way. I love the Winter Theme and would like to keep it till spring.
I've checked all the screensavers, themes, and whatnot and can't find anything that I like as much.
I'd happily pay to see this for the rest of the season.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I'll pass this information on to the team.  Glad you enjoy it! Smiley Very Happy

(It's one of my favorites too).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Gyro
Level 7

I too also love this theme. It is easily my favorite one I have seen on Roku so far. I would love to see this as an option to keep on the Roku as a theme and would even happily pay for it if need be.
0 Kudos
therockchild
Level 7

Hey Shawn,

Do you also think we could get a couple new themes added to the store too?

Here is a few of my own ideas. 

- Ombre/Gradient colors. Like Grey/charcoal/black with a nice shade of blue as an accent. Any gradient colors would be cool for this, kind of like what Hulu does for their Roku app backgrounds. I think it would pair nicely with the Roku look and feel.

- Reclaimed wood. Sometime last year you guys had a reclaimed wood background theme that was a seasonal/promotional/sponsored theme. Can we have that one added to the theme store as well? Still would like last years winter screensaver added to the settings or a screensaver store.

- The person that did the snow/winter theme did a great job. I would love if you could get them to do spring, summer, Halloween, winter and or another much more Christmasy theme as well. 

- Also don't be upset (and im totally not trying to be rude or anything) but I am just curious as to the company reasons as to the delay on additional themes. I know there is of course greater focus on business needs, bugs, software etc. Is it because there is a lack of theme sales? I know time is money and all that. I run a small business myself. But would love more modern themes and variety. It's been a long time since any kind of emphasis was placed on the themes. 

- I would also like the ability to add our own background/theme if we wish. Or at least some kind of way for graphic designers like me to go in, add the background and change the specific color codes to whatever I want to match. Opening the themes up to the public, like the apps, upon review/approval, would be great.

Thanks so much!
0 Kudos