Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Level 9

New 9.2.0 build 4100-46 update breaks autoscroll in Roku Media Player

After updating to the latest 9.2.0 build 4100-46 software, the auto scroll function in Roku Media Player no longer works.

Using Roku Ultra 4660X.

Roku Media Player version 4.2 build 1655

Using Display Format "List"

In all previous Roku versions, I could go into any list (for example Audio -> Twonky -> Music -> Playlists), then hold down the "down" arrow key on the remote to quickly scroll down the list. After the recent update, this no longer works. Holding the "down" arrow key on the remote does nothing. This now means that lists with hundreds of entries requires me to press the "down" arrow on the remote literally hundreds or even thousands of times to scroll through a long list, to access items near the end of the list.

Surely this is not intended behavior?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New 9.2.0 build 4100-46 update breaks autoscroll in Roku Media Player

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. 

Just to confirm, you've tried removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back once more and this does not resolve the issue? 

If still unresolved, please go ahead and send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up to help pass this along to our team. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 9

There are unfortunately multiple major problems now after the new 9.2.0 build 4100-46 update.

I did perform a remove/re-add of the Roku Media Player channel: 1) remove Roku Media Player channel, 2) run system update, 3) reboot, 4) add the Roku Media Player channel, 5) run system update, 6) reboot. This seems to have solved the freezing and rebooting issue that I reported in a different thread (I was trying to keep one problem per thread.)

But it did NOT SOLVE the functions of holding down the direction buttons on the remote to quickly scroll. I just now learned that this problem affects the HORIZONTAL buttons as well, used for seeking while playing back audio. So, when playing back (for example) a podcast, if you want to scroll forward to 30 minutes in, you can NO LONGER hold down the right direction button on the remote to quickly autoscroll to 30 minutes. You have to REPEATEDLY PRESS the button hundreds of times to seek/autoscroll now.

I have also just now discovered another major problem. After the latest 9.2.0 build 4100-46 Roku software update, the REPEAT PLAY functionality of Roku Media Player has been COMPLETELY REMOVED. There is now NO WAY to repeat a song, playlist, or folder.

I have never had a system software update from Roku that broke a channel in such a bad way before. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Content that violates the Roku Community Guidelines will be removed, per the Guidelines. Attempting to use profanity or inappropriate language is prohibited, and may result in failure of your content to post properly. 

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device. I'll help take a closer look and help pass this feedback along to the appropriate team. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 9

My last reply is the exact message that got removed for "approval"; this happened after I made two edits to the post, one to correct a typing mistake, and one to fix the hyperlink to the other thread. I reposted the message *with* the edits and it did not get auto-removed. Very strange.

I made a follow up post complaining about this which appears to have been manually removed... to be clear I never did use profanity, I typed literal "*" symbols myself. This particular reply was caused by my frustration with my post being auto-deleted, and I apologize for it. But I feel compelled to defend myself because the initial deletion of my reply happened after I made correction edits to it, NOT because I was trying to use profanity or circumvent your community guidelines.

ANYWAY, I sent you a private message with my Roku's serial number. Thanks very much for the help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the confusion, etc. here.

To clarify, your initial post issue sounds like an unfortunate hiccup or browser issue and was not intentional. I have received your note and will continue following up directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 9

Thanks again Tanner! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 9

There is already another Roku Software update, from 9.2.0 4100-46 to 9.2.0 4106-46.

I installed it. It had no effect on the above issues with Roku Media Player.

(Roku Media Player is still at version 4.2 build 1655)

0 Kudos
palirobe
Level 7

I am having the same problem using display format LIST. Continuous Scroll for UP/DOWN is broken. LEFT/RIGHT working correctly. I am using i.r. remote.  UP/DOWN continuous scrolling used to work before the update. Now I have to push the button every time to advance by one item. So if I'm scrollling 50 movies, I have to push the up or down button 50 times to get to the top or bottom. Continuous UP/DOWN scrolling works in short rows, long rows, just not in LIST mode.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problems. 4660x-Roku Ultra. 

UP/DOWN continuous scrolling does not work in list mode.  Horizontal scrolling DOES NOT work when playing audio files.

Problems started in early October, updating to 9.2.0 Build 4143-46 did not fix it.  Rebooting/reinstalling did not help.

Roku Media Player is what I use the most.  Will switch to another device if this drags on much longer.

0 Kudos