Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPPMN
Level 8

Re: New 2020 Roku Ultra Not Recognizing HDCP 2.2

I had to return the new Roku unit, it became unwatchable. Constant flickering and the warning popping up all the time. I tried a 2nd one and same thing.

0 Kudos
Br4an
Level 7

Anyone hear of a fix coming for this issue? Been having the same issue. Pretty much unwatchable.  HDCP error pops up frequently. Doesn't happen with Roku 4, Ultra(previous version) or Stick + on exact same TV, AV equipment, and  cables.  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Br4an wrote:

Anyone hear of a fix coming for this issue? Been having the same issue. Pretty much unwatchable.  HDCP error pops up frequently. Doesn't happen with Roku 4, Ultra(previous version) or Stick + on exact same TV, AV equipment, and  cables.  

Make sure you are reporting this directly to Roku and to @RokuDanny-R with the info he requested

Chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

0 Kudos
mackguyver
Level 9

Have you guys tried switching from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2, turning frame rate matching off, or both?  I think the 4:4:4 setting was causing this error for me, but frame rate matching didn't work well, either, and might have also caused it. 

0 Kudos
SPPMN
Level 8

I had to return the new Roku Ultra, it was unwatchable. Constant error message. I purchased the newest Roku Streaming Stick + and I still get the same error message, but only on Netflix when attempting to watch a 4K movie. Although I can't get the display type to automatically recognize HDCP 2.2, I need to force output to 4K UHD.

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick +

Serial #:YH000F091361

#Software: 9.4.0 build 4190-5

Device ID: 213090091361

Tracker ID#61-479-379

0 Kudos
Br4an
Level 7

I'm having issues with the newest Roku Ultra.  I have had several Rokus on my system without issue.  The new one keeps flashing HDCP error.  Below is some info.  If you need more info please let me know.  My setup includes a Sony XBR65X950G (Dolby Vision Compatible), Marantz AV8805, connected with Audioquest 4K Carbon HDMI.  Everything is on the latest Firmware.  

-Model-4800X-Roku Ultra
-Serial Number-X010000RREMKP
-Device ID-S02A208REMKP
-Software OS/Version-9.4.1 Build 4208-C2
-Timestamp-2020-11-28T23:17:05Z
-ID KP-479-477

Never heard back after sending all the requested info, issue persists.  

0 Kudos
scottd
Level 7

Hey Danny,

I am getting an HDCP Error Detected error when using the Roku Ultra. It usually flashes after watching a movie every 20 minutes or so and then goes away. It interrupts the audio when it happens.

I am tried to follow all of the steps suggested including the Roku website.  I am connecting it to a 4k capable receiver which is in turn connected to a 4k tv. I just bought a new HDMI cable to ensure that everything in the chain supports HDCP 2.2.

I tried the HDCP troubleshooting steps to disconnect cables and power.

I am using a Denon AVR-X4400H receiver that supports 4k and I checked the 4k settings they are all enabled. I tried multiple inputs on receiver and they say that they are HDMI 2.2 compliant as well as the output to the tv. 

I have an LG B7 4k tv as well that fully supports HDMI 2.2. The issue does not occur when I connect Roku directly to the tv.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have attached the information that you have requested when helping someone with the same issue.

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: X01000VA98VE
Device ID: S02A208A98VE

Software version: 9.4.1 build 4222-C2

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
PDPautz
Level 7

I could never get my Roku Ultra to accept HDCP 2.2, even following the instructions.

the Roku has these stats:

Model:  4640X

Serial Number:  YP000W174692

Software version:  10.0.0. - build 4198-29

Can anyone confirm that this should accept and process 4K HDCP 2.2?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PDPautz

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page regarding HDCP 2.2 here: Why is HDCP 2.2 important to playing 4K Ultra HD or HDR content?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ElDub
Level 7

I too was having this problem but believe I have found a solution for it as I have not had to come up again.

Go to settings and then advanced system settings.  Change the auto adjust display refresh rate to off, change the HDR sub sampling to 4:2:2, change HDR always on to on.

This completely fixed my problem. I have this hooked up to a Optima CinemaX P2 through a HDMI ARC JBL BAR 9.1