Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Netskimmer
Level 7

Network error only when searching

I've been watching a show on the roku channel for several days now. It doesn't show up on the panels, I have to use the search function from the main menu, then select the roku channel from the list of channels that have the show.

Today when I did this I got an error to check my network settings. I did all the usual things, reset the router, did a system restart. Checked my connection in settings and it said everythung was fine. Tried again and got the same result. I tried loading a show from the roku channel directly and it started playing just fine. Went back to search and brought up my show and got the error again.

In summary, internet is fine, connection to roku is fine, shows in the roku channel play fine, but if I try to load a show from the roku channel via the search function, I get a network error.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Netskimmer
Level 7

Re: Network error only when searching

Just bumping for visability. None of my Google searches has turned up an answer and I'm not sure what else to try.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

You say "a show." Well, perhaps specifics will help. Which show? Give an actual example so that someone could attempt to replicate the issue.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Netskimmer
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. The tmshow is 'Earth: Final Conflict' sci-fi show from the late 90's created by Gene Roddenberry.

I tried refreshing the search, thinking that the show may have been removed, but it still comes up.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

I see it when I scroll down to the Sci-Fi line. It's item 15 of 38 for me. 5 seasons show. I stated playing episode 1 without issue.

That indicates the show is available via The Roku Channel, and is on the menu. Not sure why you aren't seeing it. Are you in the U.S.?
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I don't believe Earth: Final Conflict is available anymore on The Roku Channel, but I'm checking with those in the know to be sure.  I'll update this thread Sunday or Monday, whenever I receive an answer.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

It may be coming off, but I found it (and watched the first part of S1E1) while troubleshooting this last night around 8 pm ET. 

This morning, it's not on the menu, It still shows in the search menu, but selecting it from The Roku Channel gets me the error OP was reporting.

(i) Network error

There is a problem connecting to the network.
Please check your network settings.

[OK]

So, it appears that items don't always have the same availability for everyone at the same time. Also, items removed may still show up in Search. And, the error message OP reported and I confirmed above is the message that is generated, rather than a "no longer available" message.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos