Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Netflix issues

Jump to solution
I bought my Roku from Amazon my Roku HD and I just read an article online today saying that Netflix will no longer work on Roku HD because it doesn't meet the new standards set by Netflix as far as automatically going to the next movie or program is there any way of getting around this because I paid good money for my Roku and I want to watch Netflix using my Roku HD device
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Netflix issues

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Roku HD is a product name that has been used for multiple devices in the course of our history. What specific model number of Roku device do you own? This can be viewed in Settings>System>About. 

Netflix is ending channel support later this year for the Roku HD models N1000, N1100, and 2000C. 

Newer Roku HD models will still be supported. If you have any additional questions, you'll want to contact Netflix customer support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Roku HD is a product name that has been used for multiple devices in the course of our history. What specific model number of Roku device do you own? This can be viewed in Settings>System>About. 

Netflix is ending channel support later this year for the Roku HD models N1000, N1100, and 2000C. 

Newer Roku HD models will still be supported. If you have any additional questions, you'll want to contact Netflix customer support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

RetSgt1148
Level 7

Jump to solution

to the best of your knowledge, are the three rokus you cite N1000, N 1100 and 2000 C all that will not work with netflix come 12/1/19> I spent almost an hour on line with gthem and they said they were not aware what roku unit was being dropped and insisted that they could not tell me anything further. Your statement seems to indicate gthey are well aware of what changes are being made. I will believe you  at this point, as they seemed evasive when i was asking questions> please advise. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@RetSgt1148  Netflix sent out email communications to their customers who use the affected devices, announcing the change in service availability on these models. I apologize for your experience with their support team, but I'd recommend calling them again to follow up and request additional information. Channel providers determine availability of their channel, so they would be the best point of contact for further information. 

There are a number of articles available online that also discuss these upcoming changes to Netflix's service on certain devices. These may also be of help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
TheKellyJaye
Level 7

Jump to solution
Here is an article from iDrop news that has the list of Rokus and Samsung TVs that will have an issue. https://www.idropnews.com/news/netflix-will-stop-working-on-these-smart-tvs-and-roku-devices-dec-1st... It also includes a "List of Devices Compatible with Netflix."
Tags (3)
0 Kudos