Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix and the Google Assistant skill

Jump to solution

Hi, I’m trying to use my Google Home Mini to play a show on Netflix, but when I ask it to play it it says that the Roku isn’t available, but already have them connected and pair, it appears on my devices at Google Home app but still can’t use google assistants to play this on my Roku and it is on, don’t know what to do

I have a Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Google assistant

Jump to solution

@DanielRfc Thanks for the note here. Using voice search functions to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content isn't currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant. Other voice commands such as adjusting volume are also not supported when using the Netflix channel. See more information about the Roku skill for Google Assistant here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. All google says is sorry it looks like roku is unavailable right now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DanielRfc Thanks for the note here. Using voice search functions to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content isn't currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant. Other voice commands such as adjusting volume are also not supported when using the Netflix channel. See more information about the Roku skill for Google Assistant here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I  live in UK and have the same problem.  Links to the solution are broken, please update.

0 Kudos