Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dateline
Level 7

Need to change my email address however I forgot my password. How do I change my email address?

I no longer have the email address associated with my account and need to change it. The problem is I no longer have access to this account (it was hacked) and I forgot my password. How do I change my email address and reset my password. I tried to send the reset request to my new email address however, I am not getting any email from Roku to make the change.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to change my email address however I forgot my password. How do I change my email address?

Do a Factory Reset of your Roku device, start fresh with a new account including new email and password you'll remember. Smiley Happy

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ThomasNTullo
Level 7

Re: Need to change my email address however I forgot my password. How do I change my email address?

Cannot access former email account so I can’t open my Roku account to enter my new email address. 

0 Kudos
Bonniebleu
Level 7

How do I do a factory reset?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bonniebleu

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos