Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bwaysteve
Reel Rookie

Need suggestions for what to use on my Airstream camper with phone as hotspot

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Need suggestions for what to use on my Airstream camper with phone as hotspot

@Bwaysteve

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bwaysteve
Reel Rookie

Re: Need suggestions for what to use on my Airstream camper with phone as hotspot

What model of Roku would work best for a camper (trailer) application that would be using a hotspot on an Ipad. I need basically the same capabilities plus local antenna on the road in a camper as I have at home..How does the unit connect to an Ipad?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bwaysteve

Thanks for the clarification.

In general, we don't typically recommend using mobile hotspot connections for streaming. Roku devices will not be able to connect to local antenna as that would only be available through a Roku TV. 

Feel free to compare the different Roku model devices that we have available on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bwaysteve
Reel Rookie

The unit would connect to an IPad how?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bwaysteve

Thanks for the follow up.

Roku devices will be able to connect to iPads through Airplay.

For more information about Airplay and Roku devices, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos