Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Need help determining the best device to purchase!!!

Help!!!  I'm ready to purchase a Roku device, but have no idea which one makes the most sense for me!!  I was hoping for some live online help, but I guess this is the best I can get.  I have an older TV - not smart or 4K or anything.  I'm looking to give Spectrum the boot as they've been steadily raising my cable higher and higher.  I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and am looking into getting a Sling account, too.  I have high-speed internet through Spectrum as well, which I'm keeping.

I see in the higher-end models, there are memory cards and USB ports.  What is the benefit and the purpose to having this feature?  Also, there's something about automatic updates.  Is this something that each Roku device has to go through (updates, that is), or do some of them just become obsolete as the technology keeps growing?  What are your best recommendations for me?

Thanks so much!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Need help determining the best device to purchase!!!

The usb port is handy if you have media to play, whether you want mp3, photos, or movies. If you don't have stereo to run the audio through take a look at the Roku sound bar, which has the Roku player built in. Make certain that your older tv has appropriate input, hdmi being the preferred. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos