Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Need Help-Roku Express Night Listening Mode option nowhere to be found

My brothers Roku Express went out and I ordered him a new one. We installed it today and set up the apps but we cannot find the night listening mode option anywhere. We cannot find it under settings or when in a show and we press * no option for night listening mode appears?

Any help will be greatly appreciated my brother has tinnitus and very sensitive hearing, with out this feature he cannot watch action movies or much tv at all and night listening mode is why we purchased the roku express.

Thanks

24 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Need Help-Roku Express Night Listening Mode option nowhere to be found

@DillyDilly 

Thanks for the note.

For more information on how to set up Night Listening and other volume modes, visit our Support page here: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still having issues getting your device setup with Night Listening, feel free to keep us posted and we will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

We are having the exact same problem.  We just purchased a new Roku Express (3930X) and there is no 'Volume Mode' option at all when pressing the "star" button in any app.  It has the latest 9.2 version of Roku OS, but the option just doesn't exist even though this link says it should be supported on this version of the Roku Express: 

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507-how-do-i-use-volume-modes-on-my-roku-streaming-device-

So, something is definitely wrong.  'Volume Mode' works great on the Roku Ultra in another room, but we need it to work on this Express or else it has to be returned.  So any further insight from support is greatly appreciated, because nothing in the link listed above helps at all.

Highlighted
Level 7

I just purchased a model 3930 Roku express. Even though the official Roku website listing indicates that Night Listening is a feature, I cannot find it using any of the proscribed methods of locating/enabling it. I bought this model specifically because of the Night Listening function. So where is it?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Brucemaster 

Thanks for the inquiry.

During playback, have you tried pressing the * > Volume mode > Night to see if that enables the night listening mode on your device?

For more information about night mode on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same problem.

I recently bought a Roku Express from BestBuy, model # 3930CA.

The Night Listening Mode is nowhere to be found. (Neither is the Automatic Volume Levelling feature.)

Yes, I have tried pressing * on the remote while in playback. All I get is a message "Audit Track <Default>". Which simply vanishes if I click on it. 

Yes, I have also tried going into Settings on the Roku home page, both Audio and System, and there is nothing there for Night Listening Mode.

Yet the Roku device comparison chart on their website and Customer Support sheet clearly shows that the Roku Express offers Night Listening Mode.

Have I missed something? Or is their advertising incorrect, and in fact it isn't available on the Express?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Haoleguy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that volume modes are only available on certain model Roku devices.

For more information about volume modes and what devices have that feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 8

Well that was a useless response Danny.

The comparison chart that is linked to that Support Page clearly shows that the Roku Express has Night Listening Mode (look under Roku OS for the Roku Express 3930CA):

https://www.roku.com/en-ca/products/compare

So why can't I enable it? 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Haoleguy 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Danny, I am having the same problem as well. This feature is literally the only reason I bought this device, so please have the support team contact me as well. This quite disappointing as Roku seems to have purposefully mislead its customers about this feature. @RokuDanny-R