Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ER317

My email

My email address was entered incorrectly when I first set up my Roku express and it is not synced with my other Roku. I just recently purchased an onn. Roku TV sand would love for all of them to be on one account. How can I fix this issue???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My email

Log into the erroneous Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  Don't worry if the email address not a good working address -- at this point in the process it's just being used as a login name.  Once logged in, click on the "Deactive account" link to close out the account.

Start up your Express and perform a factory reset to completely wipe the Roku's memory via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  The Roku will shut down and start back up as though it were a brand new unit -- you'll have to set it up from scratch.   Link it to your desired Roku account.  It should load all the channels that are set up in this account onto your Express, but you'll have to log into any channels whose subscriptions require logins.

If your onn Roku TV is not connected to the same account, go through the Factory reset process with it too.

• IMPORTANT! When linking your device(s) you may be directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site where they may request you to pay bogus charges and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos