Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janthony21
Level 7

My captioning keeps turning OFF

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick and I use captioning at all times. Several days ago I noticed that when I turn the TV off and then on again, or switch streaming services (like Netflix to Acorn TV) the captioning has been turned off. I have to turn it back on every time. Anyone else with this issue lately?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My captioning keeps turning OFF

Jump to solution

@janthony21

Thanks for the post.

In addition to making sure the closed captions are turned on in your Roku device, we would recommend making sure that the channel itself has the settings set to be toggled on as each channel may have their own settings.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@janthony21

Thanks for the post.

In addition to making sure the closed captions are turned on in your Roku device, we would recommend making sure that the channel itself has the settings set to be toggled on as each channel may have their own settings.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

janthony21
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny -

That worked. Thank you.

It's odd, though - I've never had to do that before.

0 Kudos
twinfl
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've started having the same problem.  No issues since I installed the stick last summer.  I've started using Sling and every time I switch between Sling and any Hulu, Amazon, etc. the closed caption is turned off.  I have cc set to Yes on everything.

0 Kudos