Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Info Is On Old Roku on My Computer. New Roku on TV - Husband's Email Address.

Jump to solution

We don't have the old Roku anymore. How do I just get my email address and password to my new Roku? How do I link my new Roku to my Roku's website on the computer or do I have to do that? I don't have any idea what the new Roku's Link Code is. How do I go about finding it? Thank you for anyone's help. I appreciate it very much. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: My Info Is On Old Roku on My Computer. New Roku on TV - Husband's Email Address.

Jump to solution

Your Roku account is linked to an email address.  The channels you have installed are all linked to that account.

Your Roku devices (whether stand-alone units or built into your tv) are then tied to that Roku account.

You log into that account (yes, via  your computer) (link: https://my.roku.com/signin) using the email address used for that account, which you say is your husband's.  If you don't know the password, there is a "Forgot password?" link (you'll need access to your husband's email to follow through).  Once you have your new password, you can log into that account and remove the old Roku device (you should do this if somebody else now has the device) and add your TV.  Or you could cancel the account altogether.

If you wish to have an account set up under your own email address rather than your husband's you can set up a new account via a link on that same page.  You can do this whether you keep your husband's account active or not.  Once the new account is set up you should be able to link your TV to it.  Any channels that were added to your husband's account would then need to be added to this one.  Any channels requiring login authentication to channel subscriptions would need to be logged into again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: My Info Is On Old Roku on My Computer. New Roku on TV - Husband's Email Address.

Jump to solution
Easiest thing is probably to just set up a new Roku account using a different email address and link your new Roku to that.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do you mean setting up a new Roku account on my computer or on my tv set? I don't want to set it up under any other email address than my own. 

Judy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

If I remember, at some point a truly new Roku will ask for some form of login information, or give a link code you then use a computer to link to your account.

If that is not happening, you can try doing a factory reset on the Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Your Roku account is linked to an email address.  The channels you have installed are all linked to that account.

Your Roku devices (whether stand-alone units or built into your tv) are then tied to that Roku account.

You log into that account (yes, via  your computer) (link: https://my.roku.com/signin) using the email address used for that account, which you say is your husband's.  If you don't know the password, there is a "Forgot password?" link (you'll need access to your husband's email to follow through).  Once you have your new password, you can log into that account and remove the old Roku device (you should do this if somebody else now has the device) and add your TV.  Or you could cancel the account altogether.

If you wish to have an account set up under your own email address rather than your husband's you can set up a new account via a link on that same page.  You can do this whether you keep your husband's account active or not.  Once the new account is set up you should be able to link your TV to it.  Any channels that were added to your husband's account would then need to be added to this one.  Any channels requiring login authentication to channel subscriptions would need to be logged into again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm going to give my husband all of the information that you gave me. He's definitely more tech-savvy then I am for sure. lol I'll get back to you. 

0 Kudos