Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Google Home App says my Roku Express is off but everything works on TV

I connected my new Roku Express to my Livingroom TV and it is working fine just like my previous connected Roku device.  I upgrade to a Google Express that is compatible with Google Assistant.  My new Roku does not work with Google Assistant.  I opened Google Home and it shows me my new Roku is "off" but my old Roku that is now installed on my Bedroom TV is "on".  How can I change my new Roku so it shows "on" in Google home?  My Google Assistant is working fine with old Roku on Bedroom TV.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: My Google Home App says my Roku Express is off but everything works on TV

This sounds like a question probably best directed to the Google support folks.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@hawkb224 Thanks for the note. Try removing the Roku skill for Google Assistant entirely. Then, make sure all of your Roku devices are linked to your primary Roku account and powered on. From there, go through the process to set up the skill once more, and make sure you select all of your Roku devices during this process. See more about how to set up the Google Assistant Roku skill here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have done that many times without success. is there anything else I should try? the error message is : "it looks like the roku is unavailable right now"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Am having similar or same problem with Roku Express I just bought.
It shows the Roku device installed but cannot connect to it.

0 Kudos