Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mriguy
Binge Watcher

My Feed listings for saved searches not including Netflix!

I have just noticed that there are at least a couple movies/series that I follow, and, when My Feed mentions the different channels on which these shows are currently available to rent, these posts about these titles are not including the fact that they can be seen for free on Netflix (if you have a Netflix subscription). I also have these titles in my recent search history, where I can see each title's availability, and, in my search history, it does show their availability on Netflix. But, as far as My Feed is concerned, they are not on Netflix at all (which is incorrect), and these titles can only be rented from other channels. Therefore, "My Feed" is not working. The two examples are the BBC series "Sherlock" and the movie "The Florida Project". Both currently available on Netflix, but not according to "My Feed". What is the deal?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mriguy
Binge Watcher

Re: My Feed listings for saved searches not including Netflix!

It has been 6 days since I emailed the Roku Support staff about this issue. So far, 6 days later, I have still not even received a single response to help me, to fix the issue, or to explain what is actually going wrong. 6 days with no response is not good customer service. Additionally, after my first email complaint 6 days ago, in the last 2 days the My Feed option has stopped working for me completely, and they have not responded about that issue, either. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Let me make sure I understand what you did.

You browsed for a movie that at that time was not available on Netflix.

You added it to My Feed.

The movie later came available on Netflix and did not show in My Feed as available on Netflix.

Does that accurately reflect what happened?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mriguy
Binge Watcher

I believe that your description is accurate, in that I began following a title (added the title to My Feed) at a time when it was not available on Netflix. I also searched for that title later, and the search was saved on my Search list, as it was one of my last 10 searches. Later, when reviewing these recent searches, I found out that several titles that I follow had, in fact, become available for free in Netflix, but I could only see this by reviewing my saved searches. Those same titles were added to my My Feed list in the meantime, but whenever I would open those titles in the My Feed list, it would still not show that there was any option to view those titles on Netflix. Since I first reported this, My Feed now does not work at all, and Roku has refused to respond to my new requests for an explanation or help, for the past 8 days. Ridiculous.

0 Kudos
debsgr8
Reel Rookie

FYI:

Roku TV 5112X; TCL model 48FS53700; Software 11.0.0 build 4193-08.

~~~~~~

My problem is similar.

If I find a movie/show available on several channels, I click 'Follow the movie' to see when the show/movie is available or if new episodes are now available.  The options for channels to notify you and/or to show up in 'My feed' no longer includes Netflix.  I'm shown Disney+, HBO Max, Prime, Roku, and a bunch of other channels, but NOT Netflix.

Where are the settings to correct this, as I cannot find them.

Thank you in advance,

Deb

0 Kudos