Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Multiple libraries

"i have 3 different  roku devices in my home. on 2 of them there are multiple libraries set up by different household members but on the 3rd that does not seem possible. is it because it might be an older model Roku?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Multiple libraries

I don't know what you mean by libraries. Roku devices have no ability to store any media, not to maintain a database of media on external servers. Can you explain more clearly what you are attempting to do?

Are you referring to the channel grid on the Roku home page? Yes, depending on the devices in question it is possible to have a channel on one or more devices that won't appear on a third. This is of course assuming that all three players are registered to the same Roku account. Some channels, such as Disney+ or Apple TV+ are not available on certain older players. 

If you are referring to simply the layout of the channels on the Roku home page, those are completely independent on each device. But removing or adding a channel to one device will do the same on all devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Maybe profiles is a better word than libraries... on two of our Rokus, we can choose who is watching, who’s viewing history and lists are displayed but not on the third, there is no way to change who in the household is viewing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Phin wrote:

Maybe profiles is a better word than libraries... on two of our Rokus, we can choose who is watching, who’s viewing history and lists are displayed but not on the third, there is no way to change who in the household is viewing

OK, that sounds more like you're referring to Netflix. They have profiles that might be similar to what you list. But the Roku itself doesn't have profiles. You mentioned that one of the players is older. Some older players do not support the latest Netflix app, so profiles aren't available. That could explain why you don't see them on one player.

Besides Netflix, the only other channel I'm aware of with profiles is Disney+. Every other channel I can think of that has any sort of such function is controlled by a user account login.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos