Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GailWallace
Reel Rookie

Multiple Rokus

Jump to solution

I want to buy a Roku for the bedroom tv. I have a Roku in the living room. Can they be linked so I don’t have 2 bills for each channel I want to stream and another Roku account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple Rokus

Jump to solution

Yes.  Just make sure you link them to the same Roku account (shown under Settings->System->About).  Any purchases/subscriptions paid through Roku will be available on any device linked to the same account.  Note that they will have the same installed channels/apps and any one added or removed from one will be added or removed from the other.

Also, keep in mind there's never a fee to activate a Roku device.  There's a lot of scams out there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

Yes.  Just make sure you link them to the same Roku account (shown under Settings->System->About).  Any purchases/subscriptions paid through Roku will be available on any device linked to the same account.  Note that they will have the same installed channels/apps and any one added or removed from one will be added or removed from the other.

Also, keep in mind there's never a fee to activate a Roku device.  There's a lot of scams out there.

I am not a Roku employee.
GailWallace
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!!!

0 Kudos

Re: Multiple Rokus channels syncing across many devices

Jump to solution

If I understand this any channel downloaded on any device automatically syncs to the other devices? Even if I delete them off one them always seem to reload. I have about 6 devices on one account and I can never seem to clean up the channels on the home screens. Is there a way to do this globally? 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Multiple Rokus channels syncing across many devices

Jump to solution

@Dgraupman01 Roku devices linked to the same user account will always have the same channels on all devices, assuming the device supports the channel. Some older devices won't work with some recent channels, so they won't be installed to the older devices. 

If you remove a channel from one device, it will be removed from all devices linked to that same account. But the opposite is also true, that if someone installs a channel on one device it is added to all. So if you remove a channel, but someone else adds it back, that could happen. The way to solve this is to add a PIN to your user account and require its use to add channels. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.