@stevemol Thanks for reaching out. It's possible that the channel provider may currently be limiting streaming quality below 4K due to increased network usage worldwide. It's hard to say though.
If you are still able to stream that quality in other channels, we'd recommend reaching out to Movies Anywhere support to inquire further, report the issue you are seeing, and request additional support. They develop their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and would be able to best assist with any questions or issues you may face within their channel. You can reach them directly here: (833) 466-8438 or online at https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003866303-Contact-Movies-Anywhere
1. What make and model is the new TV?
2. What does the Roku Ultra say in its Settings -->Display Type section?
Mine says "Detected: 4K HDR 60hz HDCP 2.2".
You might need to enable a setting on your TV like "Deep Color" or some such to get 4K and/or 4K HDR on that particular HDMI port. So, report back on the Display Type and make/model of TV.
A few quick questions here:
- Just to confirm, you mentioned that 4K HDR content plays correctly in other channels on the Roku Ultra?
- What are a couple example channels where this is working correctly for you?
- What are a couple example content titles in your Movies Anywhere library that do not play correctly on your Roku Ultra?
Thanks for the extra details. Do Hobbs and Shaw, Toy Story 4, and Avengers Endgame play in standard HD, or will they simply not play at all?
Thanks for confirming. Do the titles show that they support 4K HDR format in MoviesAnywhere with an icon or indication that this format is available? Have you contacted MoviesAnywhere support yet to inquire about the issue? https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003866303-Contact-Movies-Anywhere