Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbmlt

Model Number & Serial Number showing incorrect for USB update on 58" Hisense TV

I am trying to update my 58" Hisense Roku TV via USB. When I go to enter my Model Number and S/N, it says that the format for the model number should be 4 numbers and 1 letter. It also says that the S/N should be 12 characters long. I am confused because my model number is 58R6E, 3 numbers and 2 letters, and I have a serial number that is 15 characters long. How do I get the software update on my USB if it doesn't recognize my TV? 

8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Model Number & Serial Number showing incorrect for USB update on 58" Hisense TV

That's the model of the TV.  You need the model number of the Roku.  That page says: "To find this information, go to Settings > System > About on your Roku TV."

GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Re: Model Number & Serial Number showing incorrect for USB update on 58" Hisense TV

HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO GET THE ROKU MODEL & SERIAL NUMBER IF THEY CANT GET PAST THE LOGO SCREEN? TV is stuck in a boot loop and keeps rebooting without ever getting into a screen that allows any info. Need new firmware

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@GoodGuy2k2k wrote:

HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO GET THE ROKU MODEL & SERIAL NUMBER IF THEY CANT GET PAST THE LOGO SCREEN? TV is stuck in a boot loop and keeps rebooting without ever getting into a screen that allows any info. Need new firmware

@GoodGuy2k2k

Contact Hisense support here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/contact

~ Jordan 

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@GoodGuy2k2k, do you have a Hisense TV or some other brand? 

You can get the Roku serial number from your Roku account at https://my.roku.com under linked devices assuming it was already linked to your Roku account, but I've noticed you can use any Roku serial number on the firmware download page to progress to the download.  It's possible to get a good idea of the Roku model number if you post the TV brand and model number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

That’s great to know …

my TV is Hisense model # 58R6E

would anyone have the correct Roku model # for this TV? Thanks 😊 

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Found same TV with ROKU Model # C232X Serial X00100PA8RG7.. Was able to download what I think is the correct Roku update. Problem is: TV is in a bootloop and does not boot from USB even when holding down power and plugging in TV. So you cant even get to a menu to initiate an upgrade. I am never buying anything ROKU or HiSense again. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@GoodGuy2k2k

You can blame Roku all you want, but they don’t make the TVs themselves so it’s not their fault; you’re obviously better off contacting the TV manufacturer.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@GoodGuy2k2k, I had a feeling that just getting the firmware on a USB drive wasn't going to be enough.  Try searching the Internet for "factory reset Hisense TV" and see if you can find anything useful.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos