Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmgarrett
Level 7

Missing Alexa Skill Commands - Can I configure custom commands for Harmony hub/echo?

I am trying to fully "automate" my Roku streaming stick plus. I am disabled and cannot use the remote. I need to be able to give my Amazon echo commands. (For those who don't know, this is a really great feature)

One thing I notice is missing is navigation commands. I need to be able to scroll up down left right etc.

When I go into the Roku device on my harmony app, there is no option to add or remove commands. Anybody have other suggestions of how I might accomplish this?

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Missing Alexa Skill Commands - Can I configure custom commands for Harmony hub/echo?

Thanks for sharing the question here. We don't currently support that type of voice command/function in the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa, however, that is great feedback to share with our team!

You can check out the current commands that we support for the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa here: https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074-how-do-i-use-amazon-alexa-with-my-roku-streaming-devic...

Keep an eye on blog.roku.com for the latest updates, news, and announcements. 

Thanks again, 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos