Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Micro SD problem

@OMR, Can you post if you are able to figure it out?  I'm beating my head against the wall with this problem.  Would sure appreciate any advice you can share!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Micro SD problem / Roku 3

Julia...

Still haven't found the card access? Remove the HDMI cable. Now look closely above/below the HDMI connection port. You will see a slot for micro SD card.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roku+3+card+slot&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwp56tydTqAhWq...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Bacon 

I have a Sandisk 64GB Micro SD Card that I inserted into my Roku Premier+. The Roku gave me an error in formatting the card. I searched Google and found the below fix of re-naming the Drive Letter, after changing the Drive Letter I inserted the Card into my Premier+ and it saw the Card right from the start this time and it works fine. I'll include the instructions below and the website where I found them. I accomplished the below on my laptop Windows 10 Pro...FYI...

How can I fix a memory card that Cannot be formatted?
To do this, here is the procedure:
  1. Connect the won't format SD card to PC.
  2. Right-click on This PC/My Computer> Manage > Disk Management.
  3. Locate and right-click on SD card, select Change drive letter, and paths.
  4. Re-select a new drive letter for your SD card and click OK to confirm.
May 9, 2020

2020 Solved: Unable to Format SD Card, SD Card Won't Format On...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Elijah_Baley 

I have a Sandisk 64GB Micro SD Card that I inserted into my Roku Premier+. The Roku gave me an error in formatting the card. I searched Google and found the below fix of re-naming the Drive Letter, after changing the Drive Letter I inserted the Card into my Premier+ and it saw the Card right from the start this time and it works fine. I'll include the instructions below and the website where I found them. I accomplished the below on my laptop Windows 10 Pro...FYI...

How can I fix a memory card that Cannot be formatted?
To do this, here is the procedure:
  1. Connect the won't format SD card to PC.
  2. Right-click on This PC/My Computer> Manage > Disk Management.
  3. Locate and right-click on SD card, select Change drive letter, and paths.
  4. Re-select a new drive letter for your SD card and click OK to confirm.
May 9, 2020

2020 Solved: Unable to Format SD Card, SD Card Won't Format On...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Ultra kept saying I needed a card.  Got a PNY 64GB and it won't format.  Waste of $20 thanks to Roku having no technical expertise.  Tired of tech companies that don't know what they're doing.  Roku's business model is data collection and advertising and good hardware isn't high on their to do list.

Highlighted
Level 7

Maybe Roku could have given a heads up as to what kind of and size of Micro SD card to buy when it is suggested to install them. I bought 3 and none of them work.

Highlighted
Level 7

I bought one on amazon & it didn't work. (32gb) sent it back & got the money back.

then bought one on roku. 2gb. ($5, all i saw on the site) first attempt at shipping led to the package just disappearing with usps. I alerted roku & they sent out another the next day. just arrived, and I inserted it & all is working according to spec. Not sure how much storage is actually needed but I hope 2gb works for a while...

I have had the roku 3 for a long time now, and it works like a charm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Premier+ microSD card won’t format

So tired of downloading channels again I got the microSD card on the Roku store that I thought would work for this model 4630x 

When I insert it I get the message to format it and the follow-on warning it will erase it. I click OK and it tells me it’s working but never gets past 0% before it switches back to telling me a SD card has been detected and do I want to format it. 

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Premier+ microSD card won’t format

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Premier+ microSD card won’t format

None of the posts made much sense to me. I have a Roku 3 and a 4GB, Class 4 microSD card. I also had a lot of trouble finding the microSD slot on the Roku 3. It's immediately under the HDMI connector and you probably can't even see it if you don't pull out the HDMI cable first.

When I first put in the 4GB microSD card, the Roku 3 did not recognize it. Same problem everyone else saw. This is an old microSD card. I've had it since 2012. I know this because it had files on it dated 2012. I used it for audio recordings. It had folders on it.

I pulled the microSD card from the Roku 3 and put it in a card reader plugged into my laptop PC. I immediately saw the card and the files on it. I formatted the card using Windows 10 using the FAT32 file format. After formatting, I went back to the Roku 3, pulled the HDMI cable, plugged in the microSD card (it plugs in with the gold fingers pointing up towards the HDMI cable). Then I plugged in the HDMI cable.

The Roku 3 had recognized the microSD card and was asking permission to format it. I used the Roku remote to say "Yes" and "Yes I really mean it" and "Yes, please go ahead already" (there are three questions asked) and then the Roku 3 formatted the microSD card and put 0.2 Gbytes of information on the card. Too soon to tell if there's a performance upgrade from all of this, but at least the Roku 3 accepts and recognizes the card.

0 Kudos