Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Message from ESPN: This Roku device is no longer supporting ESPN app updates.

I bought a TV with Roku in April 2016. When I clicked on my ESPN channel icon recently, I got a message that reads, "This Roku device is no longer supporting ESPN app updates. For the best ESPN and ESPN+ viewing experiences, please visit support.espn.com to see a list of supported devices." Can my Roku be upgraded (software, firmware upgrade?) or do I need to purchase a newer Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Message from ESPN: This Roku device is no longer supporting ESPN app updates.

@kudo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What OS is your Roku TV running currently? You can find this by going to the Home screen and selecting Settings > System > About.

You can check manually for updates on your Roku TV by going to to the Home Screen and selecting Settings > System > System Update.

For more information about system updates, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos