Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiteFlyer
Level 7

Menu is larger than my screen

The Roku display (the content description or menu) is larger than my TV screen. Most of the left side of the menu is out my my viewing range. It's like watching a 16:9 movie on a 4:3 TV.

I know it is a display problem, but I cannot find a place to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Menu is larger than my screen

"KiteFlyer" wrote:
The Roku display (the content description or menu) is larger than my TV screen. Most of the left side of the menu is out my my viewing range. It's like watching a 16:9 movie on a 4:3 TV.

I know it is a display problem, but I cannot find a place to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Which Roku? And how are you connecting the Roku to your TV? HDMI?

Many TVs have a ZOOM (or something similar) setting that can affect that. Mine, for instance, has three different settings. A previous TV had 4. Some made a difference, some didn't.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Newsman
Level 7

I have a Roku3. Same problem, left hand side of page is hidden. Edge of screen just show ork of the Network in the left menu bar. Just suddenly happened, Have cked all of the options in the TV advance setting for aspect ratio. Wide, movie, normal, zoom and custom. No difference in any. What's up with that?
Thanks
0 Kudos
ddevonb
Level 8

Check you picture settings. turn off overscan.
0 Kudos
Newsman
Level 7

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Cked and turned Overscan Off. No difference.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Have you tried unplugging and plugging the hdmi cable back in?
unplugged the roku-3 power and plugged it back in?
What video mode do you have the roku-3 in? And what kind of TV is attached to it? Is there an AVR there as well?
Do you retrieve the devid from the settings/system/about page and provide it? What firmware release are you on?
rokudale
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

I've sent a PM to Newsman to get more information.
Is anyone else with a Roku-3 having similar issues and can provide additional information regarding your setup?
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos
Nickcly87
Level 7

Ive had my roku express for about 2 months almost. My screen went big on me in the middle of watching a show. I saw the screen act like it was about to buffer and then noticed it looked different and now everything is out of frame. Can not find a fix.
0 Kudos
BaconByte
Level 7

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem...
0 Kudos
Gjefle
Level 7

Mine did it suddenly After an automatic update. I got it semi fixed by going into settings/display type. It was the auto detect that was messing ip so in my case I selected 1980. Home screen text on the left still much larger than it was before but if I hit the right side arrow then I can see everything again 

0 Kudos