Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Low power warming

I have a Roku premier with no problems for about six months. Now I am getting a low power issue. I tried plugging it into different plugs. This did not work. But I tried plugging it into a different plug with no hdmi to television. This lasted for a few hours and then I got the low power issue. Any thoughts?
thanks

jerry

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Low power warming

@Jerryt 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Low power waring

low power warning

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Low power waring

@jfrankweeks 

Thanks for the note.

If you are experiencing a low power warning, you should:
a) make sure you are using the provided USB cable that came with your Roku device
b) try using another USB port if you are plugging your device to your TV for power
c) connect via a power outlet

For more information troubleshooting a low power warning, visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Low power warning using HDMI Adapter

My Roku Express + has been rock solid. I got a tv that has VGA input but not HDMI. I used an HDMI converter to connect to the VGA port. Everything was going well, boot screen looked crisp, but them it went to "Low Power" screen. This is frustrating because its plugged into the wall?? Ive tried different chargers and different HDMI converters every time with the same result. 

What am I missing? I can see the image behind the warning in full HD. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Low power warning using HDMI Adapter

@jayb52 

Thanks for the note.

For more information on how to resolve a Low Power Warning on your device, visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

If the issue is still not resolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku premiere is getting low power warning

This started happening last night in the middle of a show we were watching. I get the insufficient power USB port on tv will not power the roku. Use power adapter. So I had it plugged into the tv but since that came on I've been plugging it into the adapter it came with and I still get that error. Can someone explain what I need to do to fix this? Is the warranty still good so I can get this replaced? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku premiere is getting low power warning

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/roku-premier/m-p/544309#M5332

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rich2266 

Thanks for the note.

For more information on how to resolve a Low Power Warning on your device, visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

If the issue is still not resolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have 2 roku premiere and I tried switching the power adapters to see if that worked and nothing. Still get the same low power message. Could you advise me on the warranty policy? Feel free to DM me since I couldn't figure it out on this thing. Thanks

Rich

0 Kudos