Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frgtndrgn
Reel Rookie

Losing sound or becomes choppy since update.

Ever since ce the new update I either lose sound completely or sound becomes choppy or broken. Is there a fix for this?

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Losing sound or becomes choppy since update.

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Frgtndrgn
Reel Rookie

Many times. Sometimes it will last 5 minutes other times 45 minutes. I am at a loss. Factory reset didn't work cause it jusr downloads the update again and back to the same issue.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

What model Roku? Starting to see sound problems being reported with Roku Ultras.

Also is this a problem that has just started recently? Roku 9.3 software is rolling out and people are reporting various problems with it.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Frgtndrgn
Reel Rookie

I have the premiere+ 

0 Kudos
Sierra248

I have the ROKU ultra 4K and I keep losing sound also. It seems to happen when I’m watching something in DD+ and then go back to PCM with YouTube? Luckily it fixes for awhile if I reboot but this 9.30 Build 4143 sucks for me. I’m also getting more then usual lock ups when viewing YouTube. Can you go back to the way it was a week ago?

alik57

UPDATE:  Today I found another forum post about others having this issues and I did what someone had suggested and turned off the Sound Leveling and it worked.  I have been watching Britbox for the last 2 hours and no issues.  Hopefully this will solve the probem for others also.  Hit the  (*), then Volume Mode and set to off.  

I have the Streaming stick, the program plays fine for 20 -25 min and then no sound or it's garbled.  Reset the Roku and it's fine for another 20 min.  It's not just one App, it's all of them, Netflix, Hulu, Britbox...everything.   I have two TV's with Roku streaming sticks and it's doing it on both sets.

I checked the the software version and it's 9.3.0...said it was updated on May 5, 2020

LeoBloom
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue

0 Kudos
Aquinto

This happened to me. I changed To a different HDMI port and voila problem fixed 

0 Kudos