Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Live TV Pause longer than 90 minutes

Jump to solution

Has anyone found a way to extend beyond 90 minutes for live TV pause, or to schedule a recording of a show in totality?  I usually need to pause something for roughly 2-3 hours based on when I pause the show, and the 90 minute limit really is annoying.  I have a 500GB drive connected to the TV, it should be able to hold for way longer.

Any way around this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Live TV Pause longer than 90 minutes

Jump to solution

@amwilber  Thanks for the note here. This Live TV Pause feature only allows for 90 minutes of recording time for OTA antenna TV channels. There isn't a way to extend this, unfortunately. The feature is not designed to function as a DVR. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@amwilber  Thanks for the note here. This Live TV Pause feature only allows for 90 minutes of recording time for OTA antenna TV channels. There isn't a way to extend this, unfortunately. The feature is not designed to function as a DVR. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku is notorious for problems like this. Today it won't let me pause for just 10 minutes.

The only solution I see in the future is ditching Roku for something that cares about usability.

0 Kudos