Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Latest update has ruined my roku

I assume you just came here to rant under a "clever" username because no one could possibly decipher what problem you're having.  By the way, if anyone offered you paid technical support then they are a scammer not affiliated with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Guevon
Level 8

Just came here agter searching roku sucks. Roku sucks. My ultra is completelybfailing to display now after a bugged update. Stupid.

JeremyRay
Level 8

Buyer beware!!! Roku streambar is junk!!!!

we bought ours thought it was great the first month the second month is started getting static in the background and getting popping sounds by the third month it's pretty much unusable the sound gets gargled and muffled and you can't hear anything completely useless. We have tried every simple fix we can find on YouTube and on websites like this. We can never get a live human to help us answer our questions it's always others like us poor souls who are stuck with this piece of junk trying to help each other. Do not buy Buyer beware!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Buyer beware!!! Roku streambar is junk!!!!

@JeremyRay

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Me12
Level 7

Just bought roku Express, roku channel soundtrack is off for every program, sound is very muted too. Zero support options. Only option is to return and never buy anything from them ever again.

0 Kudos
td44
Level 7

I am in the same boat.  This company is as sorry as sorry can be. after a month or so,. mine has quit working, will not connect to a WIFI signal of any kind and the distance is not an issue.  No support offered. sorry sorry sorry !!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@td44 When posting an issue, you need to include the device model number (not just the name) and the OS version it's running. It should be version 10. something.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
td44
Level 7

OS version of my Roku 4+???? At this point thanks to your top of the line support, I can't get past choosing alanguage and WIFI network of which it will never connect.    makes about as much sense as the support I have been provided. One support person ask me to do a speed test while he was on the phone and I did. The speed was 470mbps. His reply.... told me I needed to contact my ISP.

I will list my request number... 4916135

0 Kudos
td44
Level 7

Allow me to add that the device prior to a total failure.. did do an upgrade. 
May be on to something with this 10.5 thing.  Either way at this point I have a brick that cost me hard earned $$.

request #4916135

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for the model. Since there's only one version of the Roku 4, that narrows it down. 

First, the Roku 4 (4400) was released Oct 2015, so it's now a 6 year old device. So let's look at this as if you just opened it fresh, and it's never been used before. Over the years, users have often reported issues getting connected on first setup. Really no explanation for it, just something that happens.

A workaround that has worked for many users is to use an alternate Internet connection, the most likely being a phone hotspot. Again, it doesn't make sense, there's no logic to it, but it has worked for many users. Once connected to the hotspot, the setup can complete, and the Roku downloads the latest updates. Once that is done, the device then miraculously is able to connect to the home WiFi and carry on. 

But if someone sold you a Roku 4 and claimed it was the latest model, they scammed you. That player hasn't been available as a new device for many years. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos