Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinhemi
Level 8

Re: Latest update breaks 4k 60hz

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

I created an account simply to come and add to the disgust at Roku's response to this issue. Roku, let's make this clear;

1) It is not our TV settings.

2) It is not our HDMI cables.

3) It is not our receivers/processors.

4) IT'S YOU.

Stop telling us the least helpful information possible, and tell us what you're doing to fix it. Otherwise, this is going to be a poor holiday season for you with the number of returns you're about to experience. 

FYI, I've had my Roku Ultra since 2016.

Friction
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same issue here. Any updates on this one?

Any mature software company would have had a "code freeze" for this week due to the holiday and Black Friday. Not sure why it's acceptable to push any updates now when it could affect black Friday sales.

Please give us an official acknowledgement that this issue is known and will be taken care of.
Rohku
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problems here!  Auto detect is broken, fix asap... 

Rich428
Level 8

Jump to solution
Experiencing the identical situation. In my case, not only can I not pass 4KHDR 60Hz, sometimes no signal at all is sent. Seems like all of my apps are also much slower to load. Very very frustrating.
MrBinary
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem, I have both ultra and streaming stick. Any time line on the fix? Can I sign up for an email notification? I already bought a new hdmi before I read these posts.

@Rich428 wrote:
Experiencing the identical situation. In my case, not only can I not pass 4KHDR 60Hz, sometimes no signal at all is sent. Seems like all of my apps are also much slower to load. Very very frustrating.

Kgreen29
Level 8

Jump to solution
Everyone start writing bad reviews on amazon and other retailers that will make them respond. Pathetic they have done nothing so far. Didnt even stop rolling out the bad updates
layton
Level 8

Jump to solution
Same problem here since the update. Had to set Roku Ultra to 1080p to at least get the signal working consistently as the wife and kids were getting frustrated with the unplugging method.

Please fix!!!
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. We are continuing to investigate these reports and work toward further resolution.

If you haven't already, please include your TV's specific make/model, and any A/V receiver make/model that you are using when reporting an issue. This type of information is helpful for our team as they continue to look into these reports. Generating an issue report tracker ID whenever you observe an issue occurring by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly on your remote is also a big help. 

We'll continue to provide any further updates we hear as we know more. In the meantime, as a temporary workaround, you may try setting your display type to 4K 30 Hz / 4K HDR 30Hz in Settings>Display type to see if this helps. Please feel free to reach out via private message if you have any other questions or additional details to share. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
hackztor
Level 9

Jump to solution

About time for Roku to reply...

ndschilling
Level 8

Jump to solution
@RokuTannerD

To repeat, yet again what my setup is:

Roku Ultra 4670R
Yamaha A3060 receiver
Sony 75x900f

Roku is auto detecting 4k HDR @ 60hz which is correct for what my setup is!

I have the Roku connected to the Yamaha and the Yamaha connected to the Sony on hdmi 3 which is the full resolution ARC port.

I have enhanced mode enabled on the Sony TV for HDR. I have mode 1 activated on the Yamaha receiver with direct passthrough mode enabled.

I have 18gbps monoprice premium certified cables rated for 4k hdr @60. These are some of the best, most reliable cables on the market.

The Roku reports everything is working and passes all of the checks including hdcp 2.2. it will fail every time to actually switch the resolution.

I have listed a reliable trick to get it to work in a pinch on the other thread. I will repost in just a second.