We appreciate your patience while we've continued working to address the issue we heard reported. We have just made a new update available on supported devices, by manually checking for a system update, which should help here.
Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now to perform a system update and install the latest update 9.2 build 4806 on supported devices.
Then, make sure to change your current selection in Settings>Display type back to 'Auto detect'.
A few important notes regarding 4K 60Hz & 4K HDR 60Hz:
- If you are using a 4K TV and/or AVR, you'll need to ensure that all settings are configured/enabled to support HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2, HDR (such as Deep Color on LG TVs, or HDR+ on Samsung, HDR mode on Sony TVs, etc.) and HDCP 2.2 certified HDMI cables. You may also need to review the settings on your TV/AVR to ensure that certain advanced features are enabled for proper 4K 60 Hz / 4K 60Hz HDR display type detection, and/or try adjusting HDR subsampling settings.
- If you have enabled/modified any advanced Roku display settings during troubleshooting, such as 'Auto-detect display refresh rate' or changed HDR subsampling settings, try turning these off or changing them back to default settings.
- You might need to power cycle your device and/or TV/AVR in order to help clear up any unresolved issues. You might also try removing and reinserting any HDMI cables connecting your devices.
Please keep us posted from there and I can continue assisting with reviewing setup/configuration information, or passing information over to the team.
Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing. Sorry to hear about the issue! Could you please provide a few more details here?
- What make and model of TV are you suing with your device?
- Have you double check settings on your TV to ensure that any available HDR or UHD settings are enabled, such as LG's 'HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color' or Sony's 'HDR Mode'?
- Is your Roku device connected to your TV through an A/V receiver or soundbar? If so, what is the make and model?
I am experiencing basically the same. I had to do a bit of searching for while. It seems we all agree the update is imperfect, the experiences however seem to vary (As do user descriptions of symptoms).
When I went to use my roku today, it was behaving strangely. My screen never went black, but it did flash about every 5 seconds and audio would drop for about 1 sec. I read around and tried the typical canned options, restart, factory restart, etc. Pretty much useless as the performance did not improve.
Eventually I stumbled upon this post and switching to 30Hz does seem to eliminate the issue. However 30HZ is not a solution but a symptom of the real problem.
Roku Ultra 4660X, 9.2.0 4750-46
LG OLED65C8PUA - up to date
Yamaha RX A1070 - up to date
3 different 18Gbps hdmi cables (3ft)
I was watching 4K HDR 60Hz last night (well, 2am today) and everything was just fine. Today I have garbage and the only thing that changed was the update to 9.2.0 at 5:35am Today. So, everything was fine, then everything was garbage ... please stop trying to blame my equipment or the hdmi cable and start addressing the real issue.
If you are not going to provide timely solutions to failed updates at least provide us the ability to roll back to the previous version. Or allow us to disable updates so we can wait until you finally get it right.
I’m having the exact same issue. 4k60 doesn’t seem to work anymore unless I hit the reset button every time. After browsing these forums I’m blown away at the number of people having this issue and the lack of solutions from Roku?