Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathurin68
Reel Rookie

Latest streaming device with SD card slot

Jump to solution

Where can I find the latest Roku product? 

Looking on Amazon or Target it's hard to tell what's the latest and greatest.  I need one that can handle streaming HBO Max and some of these other channels preferably with an SD card, but I don't need one with the headphone slot.

(Im assuming the SD slot speeds things up?)

Id also like to find one that can increase the speed on youtube. Apparently, some can and some cant.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Latest streaming device with SD card slot

Jump to solution

Forget the Micro SD card slot (its not needed with more recent models and they dont have one)

However, the latest/greatest Roku player model with one is the 4670 (2019 Ultra).

Just get the 4800 (2020 Ultra) or the 3941 (2021 Express 4K+) and you'll be fine with YT/YTTV and app loading in general.

All the models I mentioned support YT's new Speed option (and any 4K/HDR model otherwise should have it, though there are reports some dont).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Forget the Micro SD card slot (its not needed with more recent models and they dont have one)

However, the latest/greatest Roku player model with one is the 4670 (2019 Ultra).

Just get the 4800 (2020 Ultra) or the 3941 (2021 Express 4K+) and you'll be fine with YT/YTTV and app loading in general.

All the models I mentioned support YT's new Speed option (and any 4K/HDR model otherwise should have it, though there are reports some dont).

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The SD card is only used to expand the channel app storage, to reduce how often the unit must download a copy of less-used channel software before starting the channel.  That's all they do, and they don't otherwise speed up the unit.  Only 2 GB of the card are used, no matter how big the card is.  More recent models have more installed memory for this purpose and SD card slots have been discontinued.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you want greatest get streambar.

Also, more recent Roku will allow USB hub to be attached to allow USB memory stick to stream personal videos from the memory stick (as opposed to using screen mirroring from a tablet or laptop). See YouTube videos on how.

Some also allow hardwired Ethernet using a cheap 3rd party dongle (streambar does this), good if your WiFi is not strong.  Dongle spec is in a community post.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos