Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Latest Roku Media Player update @ 30/6/2020

Defiantly not a good update, my main issues are

• The text for folders / videos does not show enough characters
  • The date is not shown any more with the videos, would prefer this shown over resolution.
  • Not recording current position of playback so resume function not always  available.
  • The rows are now 5 wide and the 5th is half hidden

#RokuMediaPlayer

Highlighted
Level 11

Re: New Roku Media Player 7-1-2020

Just discovered the music player screensaver issue is even worse... the Roku Media Player "screensaver" turns off and resets at the start of every new track. Since it only turns on after about 5 minutes, this means that it will hardly run at all... if all tracks are less than 5 minutes in length it will never turn on. It would be highly inadvisable to use the player to play back big music track playlists for long periods of time with a plasma or OLED television. Not a problem at all with the original Roku Media Player. What a sad and unnecessary loss.

Highlighted
Level 11

Just discovered the screensaver issue is even worse... the Roku Media Player "screensaver" turns off and resets at the start of every new track. Since it only turns on after about 5 minutes, this means that it will hardly run at all... if all tracks are less than 5 minutes in length it will never turn on. It would be highly inadvisable to use the player to play back big music track playlists for long periods of time with a plasma or OLED television. Not a problem at all with the original Roku Media Player. What a sad and unnecessary loss.

Highlighted
Level 9

Yes, I was also shocked and disappointed by the loss of the "resume from last position" functionality.

Allen

PS: Is there some way to make fast forward/rewind display images as it moves? Neither old or new version does that for me.

Highlighted
Level 8

That was only the case before this terrible update.  Putting it in "list view" changes nothing with the update, whereas before it made the content on the screen actually readable.

@Motohide wrote:

Hit the (*) in main menu And change the display to “List” view.  A list view will generate a much easier navigation for file title lists than that awkward icon based list. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Media Player update is TERRIBLE

The Roku Media Player was the only reason I purchased another Roku device just a month or so ago.  This update that has been forced down makes the app more difficult to use, takes away features, and is all around bad. Take a look at the other threads on this topic - EVERYBODY HATES THE NEW UPDATE!  Please roll back to the old player, and if you're going to update something, at least make it an improvement!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8

Even something as simple as the 3-speed fast-forwarding function... they took away the arrows that tell you which speed you're in. Why do that? So much about this update defies the simplest logic... 

Highlighted
Level 8

Just adding my 0.02. This has functionally BROKEN this for those of use with large music libraries.

It used to load all my 12k+ mp3s just fine. Would take about 2-3 minutes on my rokue express'. Now it gets to about 20% on the spinning circle and slows to a CRAWL. 

It take 5 minutes to load the first 50%

Then another 8 minutes to load the remaining 50%

So 13-14 minutes to JUST GET to the list of songs.

*THEN* pressing play to start a song (for a shuffle of all my music)--hangs the system and causes it to crash.

Dont get me started on not being able to skip a song (but only advance 10 seconds).

This is beyond not broken. I mean its laughable.

Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Media Player update is TERRIBLE

Incorrect. I have 4 devices and no issues with or irrational emotions towards the 9.3 update.

Highlighted
Level 9

If I could find another USB media player with earbud port in the remote, Id be switching very quickly to a new device.