Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: The horrible new Roku Media Player update is back

You guys are lucky.  I have over 18,000 songs on a NFS and all the program does is take 5 minutes to scan all the file names and then crashes spectacularly leaving me back at the Roku Home Screen.

It won't even play a song unless I select a particular album or artist from the menu items.  Screw that.  I ripped 2000 CDs so I wouldn't have to shuffle disks back and forth.  This is the MP3 equivalent of having to swap disks one at a a time.

Have the Roku programmers never heard of a binary search tree or a linked list?  Do they even know how a pointer works?  

All the whizbang stupid graphics suck up memory and resources and don't allow the program to fulfill its function.

Stop trying to fix what ain't broke. Smiley Tongue

Gary Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: The horrible new Roku Media Player update is back

I almost forgot to mention the piece de resistance.

When it crashes it screws up the Roku Express so badly I have to reboot the box to get my sound back.

Truly a new low in all time sh*tty programming.

Gary Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Latest Roku Media Player update @ 30/6/2020

Hit the (*) in main menu And change the display to “List” view.  A list view will generate a much easier navigation for file title lists than that awkward icon based list. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: New Roku Media Player 7-1-2020

Withing seconds I see terrible graphics too small to read, long filenames gone that I used as a DESCRIPTION. The drive names are written on top of the icon pictures.

And there's no way to add back the old version. I knew I should have disconnected the internet.

So, as of 5 minutes ago, I smashed the Roku to a pile of scrap, then tossed it where it belongs, in the garbage.

Now go ahead and delete this post!

Highlighted
Level 9

All that work for nothing.......

Highlighted
Level 9

And if I remember correctly, it said the new version was based on ratings. Pure nonsense.

Highlighted
Level 8

I just reported issues in the new update as well. This is after reporting issues a few months ago that broke multiple features in the previous version.

The update has broken the search feature rendering the application nearly useless when searching through a TB of photos, videos, and audio.

When searching for a string in a filename or title, no results are returned for a query that should return multiple results.

Please fix this, revert back to the old, or better yet, give users the ability to choose whether to accept an update or not. Your latest releases have been bug ridden.

I am using RMP on a 4K ROKU Smart TV. RMP is a great app, when it works. Right now. It doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Terrible. The latest version has COVID-19 and needs a respirator. No need for Roku anymore since it was only for playing back my USBs...

TOSSED!!!!

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Latest Roku Media Player update @ 30/6/2020

But even the List view has been changed for the worse. The list is squeezed over to the right half of the screen and you can no longer see full file names. For TV shows with long names, I get "..." before the episode number. And there's no 'selected filename' display anywhere else on the screen.  

Who at Roku thought this was an improvement? This is maddening... What happened to the alternative media player that was much better? Did Roku absorb it and turn it into this? Ugh. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I agree - awful. Looking at 588 movies all in one row?