Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring not working anymore

Jump to solution

@Mattla21

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What kind of device are you trying to screen mirror from? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? What exactly is the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mirroring from a Samsung Galaxy S10 using the Samsung "Smart View" app. I touch the Smart View icon, and it searches for available TVs.  After a few seconds the available TVs will be listed on my phone. I choose the "65 inch Roku TV", then text will appear to "start mirroring now". I tap that text, and the mirroring starts. If I already have a video rolling, the video would pop up on my Roku TV. If not, it will show whatever is on my phone screen. At that point I can choose whatever I want to do on my phone and it's mirrored on the TV screen. Now I just get a black screen no matter what is on my phone. If whatever's on my phone has any audio, the audio will still project from the TV while all I see is a black screen.

I can't get much more detailed than that. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Just before I hit "Post", I decided to do a quick googling of Samsung Smart View... aaaannnd Samsung said they stopped providing support for the app since Oct 10, 2020. Maybe it just caught up to me? 

What mirroring app would you recommend for Roku TVs using Samsung phones?

0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I guess I did not mention that the brand of TV is a TCL. It's weird because I've got a smaller, older TV in the bedroom, a TCL 32S305 Roku TV on which Smart View still works perfectly. Both TV are using Roku's latest 10.5.0 software, but the build version on the TV which screen mirroring works is 4210–08, while the TV that doesn't work is build version 4210–88

iroc111
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. When when mirroring from phone to tv, I get a black screen now, however, the audio does play on the tv from the phone. Screen mirroring from Samsung Galaxy S9 to TCL Roku tv model 55s535. I use screen mirroring daily and never had a problem until December 17th, which I noticed, is when the latest update occurred. The software version 10.5.0, build 4210-88. Roku 5v A119X. I can screen mirror to my Roku stick on another tv just fine. I have a second S9 phone that also can no longer mirror to the tv since the latest update. This confirms the problem is the tv and not the phones. Please help. How can I roll back the latest update? Thank you.

cemmet1987

Roku mirroring problems

Jump to solution

My phone connects to the Roku on my TV but it's taking forever to download what is going on cuz it says to do it wifi direct but it's not working how do I mirror to the tv from the phone 

0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, is there a way to revert to a previous build? I'd love to have this working for the Christmas holiday because it's always fun to share pics when the whole fam is there.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku mirroring problems

Jump to solution

@cemmet1987

Thanks for the post.

Is your phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device?

For more information about how to screen mirror using your mobile device, visit our Support pages depending on the OS that your device uses:

Screen mirror your Android or Windows device
Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@iroc111 @Mattla21

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update to this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dher02

Laptop screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Laptop screen mirroring on roku is not working at all and gets stuck on the loading screen. At this point I've tried everything I could I think.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Laptop screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

@Dher02

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? How are you trying to screen mirror?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos