Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: LATEST roku models without auto preview netflix?

Jump to solution

All of them. Netflix just added the option:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102. I don't know why this bugs me so much but it does.

@auto_preview_ha wrote:

Assuming I don't cancel yet... what it the latest version rokus I can get on the used market that do not support auto preview?

That way I can postpone cancelling netflix until whatever model roku it is becomes too sluggish for me.   I don't know why this bugs me so much but it does. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: LATEST roku models without auto preview netflix?

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for posting this update.

I got a new Roku for Christmas that would support Disney+ and then unfortunately had to put up with the profiles version of Netflix. I complained to Netflix in January pointing out that their competitor Disney+ already supports disabling auto previews and that if they can do it there was no reason that Netflix couldn't also and they should be striving to excel in order to not lose their existing customers now that there are more competitors in streaming services.

I've been using the older Roku on my other TV when I want to watch Netflix so I don't have to put up with auto preview. Now I don't have to relocate rooms when I want to watch something. It is a trivial thing but it's annoying and the least they can do is provide an option to turn it off so that people have a choice. Glad Netflix finally listened to the customers for once.

0 Kudos