Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Just got Version 9.3 on my 2017 TCL TV

Wow, 9.3 really, really messed up my TCL 40S305 tv.. 

I was so excited to finally (hopefully) get the updated, because it's been advertised to speed things up a bit.

Nope, and quite the opposite. Some channels like Netflix and Amazon Prime take LONGER to access than before, and everything just seems the same as before, at best.

Another new "feature": My wireless connection to tv has dropped 3 times tonight, and I've had to reboot the TV each time to resolve it. It's 2 feet from my Google WiFi router, and before the 9.3 update, ran rock solid with that setup.

This is build 4175-08.

Honestly the speed this TV runs at is comparable to how my old Roku XS used to run at before I gave up on it and bought a Roku 3. 

Thing is, I don't want to get rid of the tv itself- the picture is fine and the sound is adequate. The UI really needs to optimized and these bugs need to fixed.

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Just got Version 9.3 on my 2017 TCL TV

I had v9.3 on my Roku 3 for all of 5 minutes before I "downgraded" (v9.2 is definitely an upgrade over 9.3).  Saw all the problems you're seeing.  This is why I go out of my way to block automatic updates on every electronic device I have.

0 Kudos
Level 7

How do you downgrade to 9.2? I couldn’t see any way to do it in the menus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

On your remote, press Home 5 times, Fast Forward (>>) 3 times, Rewind (<<) twice.  Do it all quickly and you should be in the "Secret Screen".  Go down to "Update software" and see if it offers 9.2 as an "update".  It may or may not and it may just update back to 9.3 when it gets the chance.

0 Kudos