Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Issues after 9.3.0 build 4170 update

Jump to solution

So far so good.  Time was correct when I turned it on last night with ethernet dongle removed.  As long as I don't have to move it away from the wifi router, I'm hoping it will continue to work.  It really is a mistake not having a built in ethernet port.  There's no way that my living room tv would ever be able to stream strictly on wifi.  It's too far from the router.  It's an older tv and the roku 3 box is connected to it via hdmi and ethernet cable to the router - neither have wifi capabilities. I did receive this from TCL manufacturer support but I have not tried it yet.  I'm a bit skeptical it will work but guess it's worth a try:

Please try the following troubleshooting steps and let us know if the issue will persist:  
1. Drain the power of the TV. 
    a. Turn the TV off and unplug it from the power outlet.
    b. Unplug all external devices from the TV.
    c. Press and hold the manual power button of the TV (located underneath the TCL logo) for 15 seconds.
    d. Plug the TV back to the outlet.
2. Perform a System Restart. 
    a. Go to Settings. 
    b. Select System. 
    c. Select Power. 
    d. Select System Restart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here's a good example of what I'm seeing. Never did this before. This is with the Roku connected to the TV via a new HDMI cable. Makes not difference whether the Roku is connected to my network by cable or WiFI. The TV itself is not connected to the network at all, it just gets the Roku signal. The HDCP screen will pop up and linger anywhere from a second or two to 10 seconds. It does this most of the time I turn the TV on, but not always (or the screen might be flashing by). It certainly looks like the 9.3.0 update has HDCP issues. It does handshake with the TV after the screen delay, but will not work at all when placed back in the same setup it worked in for 3 years without a hitch. I tried dropping back to forced 720p as well - no joy. Special menus accomplish nothing. A few more days of waiting on Roku, then hasta la vista... not worth the pain.

IMG_3972.JPG

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

[disclaimer - I have six Roku - two Roku 3, one Roku Stick, and two Roku Premiere+, and one Roku Premiere. I've mothballed one of the Roku 3 and the Premiere - it's sitting in another physical house otherwise I'd replace my Roku 3 with it]

Literally my Roku is so slow it's on the verge of unusable.

I think Roku pulled a more extreme version of Apple's "planned obsolescence" playbook.

Once ESPN is streaming (and quality goes to maximum), it's fine. But *getting* there takes between 1.5 and 4 minutes. 

It used to take 10-15 *seconds*.

This sucks.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku has not responded to these massive issues with 9.3 build 4170. My streaming stick is unusable since a month now. Is Roku going belly up? I hope not. It’s has a great interface, record and a pioneer in this area. But their unresponsive attitude to this with no fix in sight makes me wonder. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Screen mirroring suddenky failed after updating.  Phone sent out an invitation with a pin but never shown up on roku.  Can I reset the roku back to an  older version?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

nope

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Before the updating, every time when I hit the "mirror screen" icon on my cell phone, the connection was automatic.

After the updating, my phone needed to send out a pin of 6 numbers but the roku stick never responded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So long Roku... it was great while it lasted. You have hosed up both of my devices with this bug infested update, failed to offer users a chance to rollback, and have generally ignored community complaints. I contributed and heard nothing. Too many other great options to Roku - so long!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, Roku has abandoned its users after the faulty update. My roku stick is hosed. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Unfortunately this thread has gotten convoluted with different issues related to the most recent 9.3 OS update on Roku. 

We will be closing this thread to avoid further confusion. If you are still experiencing an issue, we recommend first searching for your issue in the Community to see whether or not the issue has already been reported and/or resolved. In either case, please feel free to post your issue on that thread or create a new thread (in the appropriate board) regarding your issue if one does not already exist.

We will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos