Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Issues after 9.3.0 build 4170 update

Jump to solution

Noticed audio seems to be off about 40 to 50ms after 9.3 on soundbar. 9.2 was fine.I really wish roku would add option in gui to downgrade firmware to allow time to fix problems without impacting as much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having problems with Disney plus.  Anytime I load a movie/show it the screen starts flashing and acting like the Roku is turning off and on.  Won’t stop until I reset the whole box.  Also having all of the Hulu issues.  Freezing, screen zooming, skipping large parts of a show/movie when an ad should be playing. Software and all apps are up to date.  Have tried resetting multiple times as well as factory reset.  Nothing has helped.  I have a Roku premiere plus just a little over a year old. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'd be happy if they listed what problems each ensuing updates fixed

and/or what new features the include.  Build 4182 is the latest available as of today.

I just updated my RCA Roku TV a few minutes ago.

WRZ  2020-06-24

Highlighted

Jump to solution

9.3 Broke my Sharp Roku TV early in May.  I was able to solve the problem by using the hidden menu to revert to 9.2.  Now my TV has updated to 9.3 build 4182 and it is broken again.  The time server is not working (each time it starts, it thinks it is 1pm June 17), this renders the OTA TV program guide useless.  Amazon Prime is broken, along with who knows how many other apps.  Tried the hidden menu trick again, but unfortunately there's no longer an option to revert to 9.2 that I can find.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has Roku advised if there is a problem and what will be done/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been having issues for weeks and finally found this thread. This is ridiculous. When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I did a full factory reset and the issue resolved.
I have a Roku TV. I think it was struggling to update to the newest firmware. It’s a pain but it’s running smoothly right now. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

done that and it helped for a while then back to the problems

sony xbr65a8g tv, TX-RZ810 ONKYO rec., HDMI to REC., roku ultra and roku3 both wired, 100mb fiber
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

The latest Roku Blog about what's improved with updates was in March of 2020. Maybe it's time for an update with a new blog??

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

JUST KIDDING update to my update: factory reset only worked for the rest of that day. Roku TV is now reverting back to 9:59am whenever I turn it on. Many things won’t stream. 

0 Kudos