Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Issues after 9.3.0 build 4170 update

Jump to solution

Roku Express+ 3931-RW. Auto updated to version 9.3.0 build 4170-AE and have experienced multiple issues ever since. Stuttering, frozen playbacks, frozen ad screens with program audio going on.  Apps affected are Hulu, YouTube TV. Netflix won't even start. And random reboots.

There does not appear to be any way to back off this update. I tried a factory reset but the issues continue to happen.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Issues after 9.3.0 build 4170 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Unfortunately this thread has gotten convoluted with different issues related to the most recent 9.3 OS update on Roku. 

We will be closing this thread to avoid further confusion. If you are still experiencing an issue, we recommend first searching for your issue in the Community to see whether or not the issue has already been reported and/or resolved. In either case, please feel free to post your issue on that thread or create a new thread (in the appropriate board) regarding your issue if one does not already exist.

We will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
59 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Many channel apps needed to be updated to accommodate Roku 9.3. It's been a painfully slow process but most everything should have been updated by now.

I think your factory reset should have taken care of this but ...

Try to force an update via Settings > System > System update to be sure you have the latest version of all channels. Note that if this sends you another minor update of the Roku firmware, you may need to do it again to be doubly sure the channels update.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problems since the update, all apps are up to date, and restarting roku does NOT help! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same problems with 9.3.0 build 4170 on 3930X - Roku Express device. It crashes and restarts every 5 mins no matter on what channel I'm watching.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This blows chunks. Prime and Netflix both randomly cause reboots. System reset and powering down dont help. I have the current software version. What a waste of money!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happened to me the system is now unusable. The unit was fine until this update. It reboots by the time I get to open Amazon prime Or Netflix to start a show. I don’t have a Nintendo switch on the network either as someone in another post mentioned a possible conflict with.

This is very frustrating. Roku please add a revert to roll back firmware buttonhole the GUI  Please. 

dev team please fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same problems. I have tried a factory reset, unplugging the Roku and un-installed the streaming channel and reloaded channel. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

THERE. IS. NO. TURN. OFF. DISPLAY. BUTTON.

SOMEONE GET A KAREN UP IN HERE!!!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Fix your software  I have no volume leveling/ night mode.Call TV manufacturer 

they transfer me to Roku.

Seems nobody's problem.Fix the problem  My 32" 9.2 has that feature that's y I bought a 50".Roku fix the problem already

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Please please my tv needs the leveling mode !! You upgraded software and that feature is gone. I am stuck.How do I get around this problem. Apparently it's a software issue !! I am blasting out my neighbors with highs n lows.Nobody told us 9.3 doesn't support that feature. Is there anything I can do to get updated too many times does not help.Disappointed

I bought the same tv different size that feature was what I need.How do I get Volume leveling/ night mode.I know there has to be a way.please reply.Roku reps tell me it's the tv manufacturer. T V manufacturer says it's Roku 

software. What can I do ? or what will you do to make thus right?

0 Kudos