Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robola337
Reel Rookie

Is there a New Ultra Model released today?

Jump to solution

I was looking to buy a better Roku unit. I bought the express a few years ago and it performs poorly. It has to restart every time I turn the TV on, and start whatever I am watching twice to get the closed captioning. I was looking at the Ultra unit but it seems to have a lot on operating system issues based on reviews. On Amazon it list a Ultra unit that was released on March 24th. Looks just like the one released in 2020 and same model number. Does anyone know if this is an updated release with all the issues fixed?? I like my Roku but with all the bad reviews lately maybe Apple TV is better?  One other question.. I have a Roku TV in my bedroom. The TV has problems with the WiFI signal at times. It seems there are other Roku units that have built in WiFi boost. Can I put a Roku unit on a Roku TV?  I would really like one that has the headphone remote!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a New Ultra Model released today?

Jump to solution

No, that's third party seller trying scam people for extra cash. They probably don't even have it yet, if it sells then they'll go to best buy or target buy for alot less. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

Robola337
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No I am not using the TV USB, but my TV is Samsung so I am shutting them both off together. Did not even think of that till you brought it up...🤔.    

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, that's third party seller trying scam people for extra cash. They probably don't even have it yet, if it sells then they'll go to best buy or target buy for alot less. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

BTW, I don't think my current model Roku Express has ever had to restart.  (Except for a single fairly obscure channel that had a bug.)  And my Express doesn't even know if the TV is on or off (I sometimes set it up to stream music/radio through the AVR and turn the TV off.)

I'm wondering if you are powering your Roku Express from the TV USB port?  If so, it might not be getting enough power, and it might be getting turned off whenever the TV is off.

Robola337
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No I am not using the TV USB, but my TV is Samsung so I am shutting them both off together. Did not even think of that till you brought it up...🤔.    

0 Kudos