Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is their a windows 10 app that will control a roku device

So i know this is a silly question, but I am looking for a windows 10 app that will function as a network controller for the roku (like on the phone where you pick the roku and hit remote)

The reason i need this is that in my office I have two roku devices, one connected to the main setup and one on the console TV from the 80s behind me lol. the problem is the IR signals will bounce around and control both, as far as i know i cannot pair any of my old non IR remotes with the express+

So in a sense i want to have a program to control the one connected to the PC desk so i can cover the IR port and then just use the IR remote for the Ancient 80's home theater setup lol. Both devices are roku express+ devices i replaced some ones that i think were 6 years old and barely functional speed wise but i cannot get their multi directional remotes to pair to the express+ so i assume it does not support the non IR type of remote.

6 Replies
Level 12

Re: Is their a windows 10 app that will control a roku device

Not silly at all..

You can use web based remote. http://remoku.tv  I use it from my Windows 10 laptop and lots of other devices... Chromebook, Android phone, old Blackberry (great mini keyboard) phone.

Personally for your case described I would just use an old phone.  An old wifi enabled phone would fit in great with 80's home theater!

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
Level 7

b

Level 10

@AshTray900 wrote:

as far as i know i cannot pair any of my old non IR remotes with the express+

which model express+ is it, the first gen couldn't pair but the second gen and on can. as long as the remotes are wifi direct and not old bluetooth remotes you should be able to pair them. to do this first unplug the roku then put the remote in pairing mode(make sure the light is blinking) then plug roku back in. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

First thanks for this reply. This webapp works even faster than the windows10 app (that I still have).

However it does not have, same as the w10 app, one thing I crucially need, and that is Remote Audio.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to use remote audio other than by using a phone? I use my pc 99% of the day, and... I am able to listen, stream, or splice all kinds of audio sources into my "day" while still working... However, now Roku. So I either have to wear two sets of headphones... Or... listen to a TV on full blast and still not really be able to make out dialog. (not to mention it's quite distracting to other people who may be in my office)

0 Kudos
Level 21

@rellikpd wrote:

First thanks for this reply. This webapp works even faster than the windows10 app (that I still have).

However it does not have, same as the w10 app, one thing I crucially need, and that is Remote Audio.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to use remote audio other than by using a phone? I use my pc 99% of the day, and... I am able to listen, stream, or splice all kinds of audio sources into my "day" while still working... However, now Roku. So I either have to wear two sets of headphones... Or... listen to a TV on full blast and still not really be able to make out dialog. (not to mention it's quite distracting to other people who may be in my office)

No, the phone/tablet app (iOS or Android) is the only method of getting remote audio. I'm a little surprised that old Windows app works, since Roku dropped support quite a while ago. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 13

@rellikpd wrote:

I haven't tested any of these because I keep my headphones paired to my phone as I'd expect most people do.   But, I'd guess that one or more of these android emulators that run under windows would be able to run the roku remote app and send the audio through the windows device.   https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/