Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

I own 2 RokuTVs: 43S525 (C112X) and 55R613 (7120X) (same as 55R615 and 55R617).
My 43S525 received the 9.4 SW update about a month after it's release in Sept 2020.
My 55R613 STILL has not received the 9.4 SW update. I've attempted to manually update periodically but still stuck on 9.3 build 4175-30.

Has the 9.4 SW updates stopped or delayed?
How can I get the update to upgrade my TV to 9.4?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

I don't know if it will offer anything different, but have you tried to update from the "Secret Screen"?  Press Home on your remote 5 times, FF (>>) 3 times, and Rewind (<<) twice.  If you do it correctly you'll be in the "Secret Screen" where there's an option to "Update software".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

@renojim wrote:

I don't know if it will offer anything different, but have you tried to update from the "Secret Screen"?  Press Home on your remote 5 times, FF (>>) 3 times, and Rewind (<<) twice.  If you do it correctly you'll be in the "Secret Screen" where there's an option to "Update software".

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I had not thought about that before.

Oddly, when I go to the "Secret Screen" and choose "Update Software", it indicates a SW update is available BUT it's the same as my currently SW load. I DID NOT update (chose "Update later") as I did not want to cause any other issues.

image.png

This is my TV's "Secret Screen" info.

image.png
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It was worth a try.  Sometimes that screen will actually offer an "update" to a previous version.  It wouldn't hurt to do the update to the same version, but it probably wouldn't accomplish anything.  I don't know the status of the 9.4 rollout, but I would have thought it was complete by now.  You might want to send a PM to @UserDanny to see if he can give any insight.

By the way, Hokie 85 here!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

! Hokie Nation ! Gobble, Gobble. '94, '96

I'll try the update and hit @UserDanny if unsuccessful. If comes down to it, may try master rest to factory. 

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

@renojim wrote:

It was worth a try.  Sometimes that screen will actually offer an "update" to a previous version.  It wouldn't hurt to do the update to the same version, but it probably wouldn't accomplish anything.  I don't know the status of the 9.4 rollout, but I would have thought it was complete by now.  You might want to send a PM to @UserDanny to see if he can give any insight.

By the way, Hokie 85 here!

Your are right my man! @UserDanny came through for me. Now in current load. Very much appreciate your advice/support for this.

Now if only our Hokies can win the ACC tourney ;>)

0 Kudos