Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTHokie96
Level 10

Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

Jump to solution

I own 2 RokuTVs: 43S525 (C112X) and 55R613 (7120X) (same as 55R615 and 55R617).

My 43S525 received the 9.4 SW update about a month after it's release in Sept 2020.

My 55R613 STILL has not received the 9.4 SW update. I've attempted to manually update periodically but still stuck on 9.3 build 4175-30.

Has the 9.4 SW updates stopped or delayed? If not, how can I get the update to upgrade my TV to 9.4?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

Jump to solution

@VTHokie96

Thanks for providing us with your information.

We would recommend checking now for a manual update on your Roku device to see if you install the latest OS on your device.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @VTHokie96,

Thanks for the post.

We'd like to gather more information for our Support team to check further. Can you please provide us the following information:

-TV brand and model.
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Please keep us posted

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Level 10

Jump to solution
Hi Mary,
As requested.

TV brand and model = TCL 55R613 (RokuTV 7120X) 
Serial number = YS0075357539 
Device ID = FV2877357539
Current software OS/version = 9.3.0 build 4175-30
0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Level 10

Jump to solution
Please note: I was working with "Roku Tanner" on a problem I was having back in 2019. He initiated an update for my TV with a SW load to test out the fix. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe it was my current version: 9.3.0 build 4175-30.  Not sure if this was an official release OR if it's causing problems with updating newer "official" releases (such as what I'm having currently).

Oddly, when I go to the "Secret Screen" and choose "Update Software", it indicates a SW update is available BUT it's the same as my currently SW load. 
I DID NOT update (chose "Update later") as I did not want to cause any other issues.

image.png

This is my TV's "Secret Screen" info.

image.png
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@VTHokie96

Thanks for providing us with your information.

We would recommend checking now for a manual update on your Roku device to see if you install the latest OS on your device.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

VTHokie96
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hey @RokuDanny 

I'm happy to report that my TV is now on SW 9.4.0 build 4200-30! I was able to successfully update to this load just a few minutes ago.

Untitled.jpg 

Funny thing, attempting the manual update process yesterday, I got notice that 9.4 was available. As such, I "updated" and it went through the whole process (install reboot...) BUT was unsuccessful when the TV restarted.  I went through the process a few times, all which indicated the 9.4 was available, without success.

I even pulled plug on TV on a few attempts hoping it would permit successful load.

IMG_1090.JPEG

It upgraded successfully only a few minutes ago.

Thanks for whatever you did.

George M.

0 Kudos