Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

Jump to solution

I own 2 RokuTVs: 43S525 (C112X) and 55R613 (7120X) (same as 55R615 and 55R617).

My 43S525 received the 9.4 SW update about a month after it's release in Sept 2020.

My 55R613 STILL has not received the 9.4 SW update. I've attempted to manually update periodically but still stuck on 9.3 build 4175-30.

Has the 9.4 SW updates stopped or delayed? If not, how can I get the update to upgrade my TV to 9.4?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Is the 9.4 Roku SW Load it still being rolled out to RokuTV's?

Jump to solution

@VTHokie96

Thanks for providing us with your information.

We would recommend checking now for a manual update on your Roku device to see if you install the latest OS on your device.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @VTHokie96,

Thanks for the post.

We'd like to gather more information for our Support team to check further. Can you please provide us the following information:

-TV brand and model.
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Please keep us posted

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Hi Mary,
As requested.

TV brand and model = TCL 55R613 (RokuTV 7120X) 
Serial number = YS0075357539 
Device ID = FV2877357539
Current software OS/version = 9.3.0 build 4175-30
0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Please note: I was working with "Roku Tanner" on a problem I was having back in 2019. He initiated an update for my TV with a SW load to test out the fix. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe it was my current version: 9.3.0 build 4175-30.  Not sure if this was an official release OR if it's causing problems with updating newer "official" releases (such as what I'm having currently).

Oddly, when I go to the "Secret Screen" and choose "Update Software", it indicates a SW update is available BUT it's the same as my currently SW load. 
I DID NOT update (chose "Update later") as I did not want to cause any other issues.

image.png

This is my TV's "Secret Screen" info.

image.png
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@VTHokie96

Thanks for providing us with your information.

We would recommend checking now for a manual update on your Roku device to see if you install the latest OS on your device.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @UserDanny 

I'm happy to report that my TV is now on SW 9.4.0 build 4200-30! I was able to successfully update to this load just a few minutes ago.

Untitled.jpg 

Funny thing, attempting the manual update process yesterday, I got notice that 9.4 was available. As such, I "updated" and it went through the whole process (install reboot...) BUT was unsuccessful when the TV restarted.  I went through the process a few times, all which indicated the 9.4 was available, without success.

I even pulled plug on TV on a few attempts hoping it would permit successful load.

IMG_1090.JPEG

It upgraded successfully only a few minutes ago.

Thanks for whatever you did.

George M.

0 Kudos