Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Is my new Roku compatible with the 9.1 os?

Jump to solution

How do I know if the new Roku stick I just bought is compatible with the new OS 9.1? Or how do I know if it’s not a Roku 2 model? I don’t see it anywhere on the box or on the actual stick itself or in the instructions

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Is my new Roku compatible with the 9.1 os?

Jump to solution

@Apmartin wrote:

3800X

Yes, that's a recent model and supports the latest versions of Roku OS. It should have 9.2 on it now, and 9.3 is coming soon according to Roku. 

Roku has done away with model names that were a number. There hasn't been any Roku with the number 2 in the model name for over 6 years. The Roku 4 was the last one with a number in the name, and the Stick models have never had a number. Unfortunately, Roku has continued their use of the same name on different hardware, so we always have to ask specifically what model number your have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

What's the model number either on the stick or Settings->System->About?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

3800X

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The 9.1 is the new os correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Apmartin wrote:

3800X

Yes, that's a recent model and supports the latest versions of Roku OS. It should have 9.2 on it now, and 9.3 is coming soon according to Roku. 

Roku has done away with model names that were a number. There hasn't been any Roku with the number 2 in the model name for over 6 years. The Roku 4 was the last one with a number in the name, and the Stick models have never had a number. Unfortunately, Roku has continued their use of the same name on different hardware, so we always have to ask specifically what model number your have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos