Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is it worth the upgrade?

I have an old Roku streaming stick RC12 plugged into my old non-smart TV. It works fine. I'd like to take advantage of the $15 upgrade offer to Express + or whatever the latest streaming stick is, but only if it helps load speeds, as I really don't care about the added functionality like audio commands which I'll never use. Please tell me if this upgrade will or will not help load and menu response speeds. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Is it worth the upgrade?

What's the model number of your device?  I believe RC12 is the model number of the remote.  You can get the model number from Settings->System->About.  Also, the Express+ that has the update offer isn't a stick, it's a very small box, and it has a basic IR remote with no voice functions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Is it worth the upgrade?

curious. My Roku works fine. An upgrade is mentioned but my old email was used to set it up. I see no way to indicate this? Is this upgrade worth it? I don't care about games. I never play or want to play games? 

0 Kudos