Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is it possible to watch on a computer or on an Android phone?

2 questions with this:

1.  If I am near my Roku can I do this?

2. If I am away, can I log in on my comuter or Android and watch.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Is it possible to watch on a computer or on an Android phone?

@EFW wrote:

2 questions with this:

Thanks!

No and no. A Roku player shows on an attached device. That's not to say that something couldn't be rigged up, but you'd be looking at expensive hardware and lots of configuration. 

Now, the Roku Channel can be watched over a web browser on a computer or phone, but just being able to send whatever the Roku device is displaying to a remote display is not supported. Roku players can only send their output via a connected HDMI cable. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How can we watch the ROKU channel on a computer?  Also, is it possible to watch other channels that we have loaded into our ROKU TV or account on a computer.  Some, like Disney+ have their own login, but some other channels are only found within ROKU.  I'd also love to be able to search ROKU for movies that are contained within all of my accounts through the ROKU search app, but on a phone, not on the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@EFW wrote:

2 questions with this:

Thanks!

You can't watch things that are specifically from the roku channel on anything else.   Most of the other services (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Video), etc. are available on many devices with their own apps or web pages and your subscriptions follow your login.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@B0b wrote:

How can we watch the ROKU channel on a computer?  Also, is it possible to watch other channels that we have loaded into our ROKU TV or account on a computer.  Some, like Disney+ have their own login, but some other channels are only found within ROKU.  I'd also love to be able to search ROKU for movies that are contained within all of my accounts through the ROKU search app, but on a phone, not on the TV.

Yes, you can watch The Roku Channel from a browser: https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

Other channels you might have on your Roku could possibly have a web viewing option as well. You can of course watch your Prime Video from Amazon's web page. Same with CBS All Access and Disney+. But there will likely be some that can only be watched from the Roku. 

There is a Roku app for iOS and Android, and it does have a search function. But it will only search channels that allow the function, and not all do. And you cannot watch your Roku content through the app. It's strictly a control app.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos