Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is Upgrade Offer Roku® Standard IR Remote the entire solution?

Jump to solution

Received a notice from Roku that my Roku2XD is obsolete and need to replace it. Almost simultaneously received a special offer from Roku for a Roku® Standard IR Remote for $14.99, stating that it works with my Roku2XD. This is confusing.

Can anyone tell me who has responded to the special offer whether purchasing the upgraded Roku® Standard IR Remote solves entirely the problem of obsolete equipment? By purchasing it, does it mean that the Roku2 XD will continue to work properly on into the future? Or is it better to simply go out into the marketplace and purchase a Roku Express, which includes an upgraded Roku device and new remote together for approximately $30? Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Is Upgrade Offer Roku® Standard IR Remote the entire solution?

Jump to solution

The upgrade page is just advertising, same everyday price. A new remote will not suddenly make your obsolete roku up to date and good for the future. You need a new roku, which will come with a new remote no need to purchase separately. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The upgrade page is just advertising, same everyday price. A new remote will not suddenly make your obsolete roku up to date and good for the future. You need a new roku, which will come with a new remote no need to purchase separately. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks!

0 Kudos