Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garrymoh
Level 7

Re: Is Roku having a server-wide issue regarding user accounts and activating devices?

Jump to solution

Yes trying to activate two new devices to be ready for Thanksgiving football games...Murphys Law

0 Kudos
ROBCHI
Level 7

Re: Is Roku having a server-wide issue regarding user accounts and activating devices?

Jump to solution

That is going on 4 hours being down guys, come on get it together.

GP2Engine
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Dendawg wrote:

Amazon Web Services outage causes issues for Roku, Adobe

Good to know, thanks.

0 Kudos
GP2Engine
Level 9

Jump to solution

I was just able to activate my TV. Red banner is still up on Roku’s website but it worked for me. 

Apparently the problem was caused by AWS having an outage, as reported by another commenter here. 

I still think it’s wrong that you cannot do anything with this TV only until after you signed in via Roku. They are essentially holding your TV hostage until you sign in, even if you cannot due to a problem out of your control. You can’t even watch Blu-rays or play video games unless you are signed in to Roku. That is wrong, IMO. 

0 Kudos
alldaylong1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Once they get the server issues resolved, it sure would be nice if they can bug fix the 9.4 update so I can open Youtube on my newer roku rather than the older slower one.

0 Kudos
wildlifema
Level 8

Jump to solution

I finally got my TV activated.  Not sure if all the apps work, because I'm tired of fooling with it.  Will work on that after Thanksgiving.

BTACAttack
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, this is a total s#!t show.  No help from anyone.  I can't do anything with my TCL Roku TV.  Can't update software "because of a temporary firmware server issue".  I've been dealing with this **bleep** for a week.  Time to take the POS back to Wal-Mart and get another.  I actually bought 2 of the same TV together.  One works, one doesn't.  Mounted them and turned them on the same night.  Makes no sense.  But I am over it. 

0 Kudos
wildlifema
Level 8

Jump to solution

I finally got the TV activated last night.  Parts are working very well, some apps are having problems.